Wednesday, January 5, 2011

One of those days

Usually I try to keep my posts about events in our family's life and record fun times and such; but tonight I'm changing the focus a bit, just for true journaling purposes.

Today was just one of those days. I had a bad attitude and really had no reason for it (other than a headache, which these days is common. Some women are nauseated during pregnancy; not me, I'm of the headache variety). This makes mothering difficult. I was short tempered and unkind for much of the day. At the end of it, before Matt got home, I said to Wes and Kate, "I haven't been a very good mom today." They both agreed and said I hadn't. That made me laugh a little and then scold myself for such behavior. They (the twins) are pretty active by themselves, but you add in the synergistic energy of them together feeding off each other and you're in for more than a ball or explosion of fire.

Pre-teens and teenagers (I admit I was one of them), often wish for twins. I even had a Young Woman once tell me she wanted sextuplets. And it is true ... there's a ton of attention given to you and them, especially during pregnancy and as babies, and it's really a lot of fun. I would do it again all over. But boy, is it hard. I guess if you had mild children, it wouldn't be as much of a deal.

So that's that. Just some thoughts of today. No call for sympathy, just me documenting feelings during this short stage of life.

I think I'm about to embark on a study of motherhood. I'm leaning toward Ensign articles. So if there are suggestions in that arena, bring them on!

I think I need a cookie.

6 comments:

Mike and Jen said...

if i were there i'd make you a dozen cookies! and i want in on this study.

Angie said...

I didn't know you were expecting. Congrats! I think all mothers have "those" days. Good thing children are so forgiving. :)

The Davies Family said...

Or some chocolate? or a Dr. Pepper? I have been CRAVING Dr. Pepper all of a sudden..and I try so hard to fight it..it pretty much goes on for days until I give in..sad..I know.
So you probably should go see a chiropractor..BEST thing EVER! I started seeing one back in Dec..for my hips..AWESOME!! totally works and they also adjust your neck and spine and that has helped my headaches. Just gotta find a good one. My midwives referred me..I can give you her name..but it means coming to the West side of the state, but its right by my house!
isn't it funny how quick kids are to agree when we aren't being the best mom? haha

jill said...

Ah, those days. Speaking of cookies, I've found a chocolate sheet cake that kills the craving, lures me to eat the entire pan, and leaves me wanting to make more. No hassle of doing the batches of cookies. That is, if you like chocolate. And yes, people, I like chocolate.

And mothering articles, here are a few of my favorites: Spiritual Growth for Young Mothers, The Law of Increasing Returns, The Journey of Lifelong Learning, and one of my very, very favorites, Your Refined Heavenly Home.

I love researching that topic. Okay, I just like research in general. Good luck. And may the chocolate sheet cake bring you much joy.

jill said...

Ah, those days. Speaking of cookies, I've found a chocolate sheet cake that kills the craving, lures me to eat the entire pan, and leaves me wanting to make more. No hassle of doing the batches of cookies. That is, if you like chocolate. And yes, people, I like chocolate.

And mothering articles, here are a few of my favorites: Spiritual Growth for Young Mothers, The Law of Increasing Returns, The Journey of Lifelong Learning, and one of my very, very favorites, Your Refined Heavenly Home.

I love researching that topic. Okay, I just like research in general. Good luck. And may the chocolate sheet cake bring you much joy.

Amber Baker said...

I second the chocolate. This stage will pass too. Then they turn into moody preteens. So. much. fun. Hang in there. I can't even imagine you grumpy.