Monday, June 29, 2009

Is this really 'middle age?'

I look at the calendar and think to myself ... 'I don't feel a day over 27', yet sadly, those days are long gone. I normally wouldn't post something on my own birthday, but since Matt and the kiddos put together such a production, I think I should share.

Matt came home from work a little early today, handed me the car keys, and said, "Dinner will be ready at 6:00". I was so excited! So I hopped in the car and headed for the library.

After getting what I wanted I went to JoAnn's, another of my favorite retreats, just to look at some future possible projects. I then swung by the store for some milk, bread and eggs and pulled in promptly at 5:59 p.m.

Earlier Matt had asked what I wanted for dinner and I requested Papa Murphy's Take 'N Bake Chicken Garlic Pizza (something we dreadfully miss), but since there aren't any P.M.'s here, I asked him to just make pizza. So when I walked in and saw a chicken garlic pizza I was so pleasantly surprised. He said the recipe is secret (I'll get it out of him sooner or later), and assured me he made it himself. He'd made a great spinach salad and then we had an ice cream cake. I promise I'll get back to portion-control tomorrow:).

Then Wes and Kate paraded in with gifts: the Mormon version of Pride & Prejudice, some rabbit ears (we nixed our cable last year and decided to reinstate the rabbit ears and converter box), some Tic-tacs and Carmex. Boy does he know what I like, or does he know what I like! I was elated.

We then finished off the evening watching Forever Strong, a Father's Day gift to Matt from my parents. Wow, if you haven't seen this movie - it's a great one.

What a great day, interspersed with phone calls, video wishes via blogs, emails, cards .. it was just great! Thank you.

10 comments:

jill said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a fabulous day. (what did you find at the library?)

p.s. I'm waiting for that recipe...

Brittanie said...

Happy birthday Heather!! I'm glad you were spoiled! I think you are awesome!!

Steve said...

This is Angie, not Steve...Happy Birthday, Heather! It sounds like you had a wonderful day of fun from the family. It is always nice to get spoiled!

Chavonne said...

Happy Birthday! I kept looking at the calendar knowing I was forgetting something. Glad it was wonderful!

cragun family said...

Well, you don't look a day over 27 either, so you are in luck! What a great birthday. I love that each gift was thought through, and all stuff that you love. I wish I could mail you a pizza! :)
If you make it to New Haven, my sister loved modern pizza, as well as pepe's. The mushroom and sausage was the favorite.

Michelle said...

Happy Belated Birthday! And you are SO NOT middle-aged! Glad your sweet family spoiled you!

Mike and Jen said...

Heather I was I would have known it was you bday! I hope you had a great one (and it seems as though you did)! I have only seen your blog once before and I want to tag it to mine if thats alright! I'm excited for this weekend!

J and M said...

Hooray Hooray for you! any birthday where one's spouse makes homemade pizza AND has ice cream cake is tremendous. Portion control, what's that? (:

Amber Baker said...

So glad you had a good day. It was so good to see you. It almost felt like you haven't even been gone.

Amber Baker said...

Oh,and I love the mo version of P&P. It's a cute little gem. I discovered with my many watchings of it that the preacher at the end is the guy who wrote Napolean Dynamite. No wonder he is a hoot.