Monday, September 15, 2008

It's all relative ... Dunkin' Donuts & Jumpy


...Today we took a trip to the nearest Super Wal-Mart. I got the twins pepped up for the trip because I, myself, was excited. Just a couple miles from our home is a regular Wal-Mart and I'd forgotten about the conveniences of the 'Super' part. (Sorry to those who don't like Wal-Mart ... to me it's almost a necessity). I got the map out and thought ... oh it will take a while. I programmed it into my Garmin and was surprised to see it's only 17 miles away. Here I was, ready for a 1/2 day trip at least. It's all relative, I've learned, about how far away something looks, and what it actually is. It's funny to me at how close everything in the East is to each other. I basically took a trip from Smithfield to Wellsville today, and thought it was going to be comparable as a Logan to Ogden trip.

...Also I've decided that Dunkin' Donuts must be headquartered here. There are 5 within 2 miles of our home. They're everywhere ... mini shops in the grocery stores, and shops on nearly every corner, kind of like LDS church houses in Utah!

...Matt took the squirrel picture over the weekend because we've declared it unofficially as 'the state animal'. They, like Dunkin' Donunts, are EVERYWHERE! Kate sees them and says, "Look Mom, Jumpy the Squirrel" (ring a bell, anyone? Curious George watchers.)

3 comments:

The Davies Family said...

I totally agree about the whole distance thing out here..its crazy. But in a good way of course..yeah we have like zillions of Tim Horton's here..its like one of Buffalo's 'staple foods' every morning the one by our house has a line of cars all the way around and out the parking lot.

karalee said...

I am so glad that you have this great blog Heather! We are going to miss watching your little family grow up, and this makes it just a little easier on us physics grandmas.
You've done a great job with the pix and you are a GREAT writer. We'll be watching you! Give those 3 little munchkins a squeeze for me. (if you can catch them).
Karalee

Amber Baker said...

Cute! I love the squirrel. I can only imagine the first trek to Wal-mart. I hope it went well!